Module 1: Assessing Readiness to Change (RTC) into a Medical Home
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe three principles for using interviews effectively to assess RTC.
- Discuss three principles for using surveys effectively to assess RTC.
- Describe three principles for using focus groups effectively to assess RTC.
- Explain three principles for using “readiness assessment data” to plan change.
The cost of this module is $15 per person. The module will take up to 60 minutes to complete and includes:
- Self-assessment questions
- A reading
- An audio-enhanced presentation
- A case study and video vignette
- Additional resources
- Final assessment questions
Evaluation: At the end of the module, you will answer several multiple-choice examination questions related to the course objectives. You will also be asked to complete two short evaluations - one is a survey built into the course content and the other is an evaluation of the overall training.
Developed and Recorded by Mindi McKenna, PhD, MBA
Reviewed by Chad Boult, MD, MBA, MPH, and Carolyn Houk, MD
Dr. Mindi McKenna is Director of the Division of Continuing Medical Education for the American Academy of Family Physicians, overseeing the accreditation and provision of thousands of CME activities each year, including educational programs and products that help physicians and other healthcare professionals enhance professional competence, practice performance and patient care. She previously held a faculty appointment in the Rockhurst University Health Care Leadership MBA program, teaching courses on physician leadership, clinical communications, change management and healthcare information technology. She is author of the 2003 book High Tech Medicine: Building Your Practice with Computers and the Internet, and co-author of the 2006 book Physicians as Leaders: Who, How and Why Now.
NOTE: New users will need to register and select user name and password