Module 7: Care Management in Medical Homes
Upon completing this course, youwill be able to:
- Describe the goals for including a non-physician care manager (CM) in a medical home.
- Discuss the steps of a CM in developing evidence-based, patient-centered care management plans for patients with chronic conditions.
- Identify the tasks of a CM in managing the care of patients with chronic conditions.
- List resources for obtaining additional information about practice-based CM.
The cost of this module is $15 per person. The module will take up to 60 minutes to complete and includes:
- Self-assessment questions
- A reading
- An audio-enhanced presentation
- A case study and video vignette
- Additional resources
- Final assessment questions
Evaluation: At the end of the module, you will answer several multiple-choice examination questions related to the course objectives. You will also be asked to complete two short evaluations – one is a survey built into the course content and the other is an evaluation of the overall training.
and Recorded by Bruce Leff, MD, FACP
Reviewed by Cynthia Boyd, MD, and Gary Noronha, MD, FACP
Dr. Bruce Leff is an associate professor of medicine, geriatrician and health services researcher in the Division of Geriatric Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health. His research has focused on the development, evaluation, and dissemination of innovative care models for older adults. He practices in the inpatient, ambulatory, and home care settings where he has had extensive experience in working with interdisciplinary care teams and care managers.
NOTE: New users will need to register and select user name and password.