Module 8: Continuity of Care for Patients of Medical Homes
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify two methods to increase the continuity of patients’ care within the medical home.
- Discuss two approaches to improving continuity as patients transition across other sites of care.
- Describe two approaches to improving the continuity of outpatient care as patients transition between the medical home and specialists.
- Describe two approaches to improving the continuity of outpatient care as patients transition between the medical home and home care.
The cost of this module is $15 per person. The module will take up to 60 minutes to complete and includes:
- Self-assessment questions
- A reading
- An audio-enhanced presentation
- A case study and video vignette
- Additional resources
- Final assessment questions
Evaluation: At the end of the module, you will answer several multiple-choice examination questions related to the course objectives. You will also be asked to complete two short evaluations – one is a survey built into the course content and the other is an evaluation of the overall training.
and Recorded by Cynthia Boyd, MD
Reviewed by Danelle Cayea, MD, and Gary Noronha, MD, FACP
Dr. Cynthia Boyd is an assistant professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health. She has worked in primary care of older people with complex illness since 2000, and conducts epidemiologic and health services research on the care of older adults with multiple diseases across different health care sites.
NOTE: New users will need to register and select user name and password.