Module 9: Managing the Medical Home
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the processes that allow Medical Homes to attain their primary goals.
- List four ways to start managing the medical home.
- Explain two mechanisms for evaluating current processes in the practice.
- Identify four principles of effective communicating with members of the office staff to plan and execute improvements in work processes.
The cost of this module is $15 per person. The module will take up to 60 minutes to complete and includes:
- Self-assessment questions
- A reading
- An audio-enhanced presentation
- A case study and video vignette
- Additional resources
- Final assessment questions
Evaluation: At the end of the module, you will answer several multiple-choice examination questions related to the course objectives. You will also be asked to complete two short evaluations – one is a survey built into the course content and the other is an evaluation of the overall training.
and Recorded by David Dorr, MD, MS
Reviewed by Margaret Gadon, MD, MPH, and Carolyn Houk, MD
Dr. David Dorr is an Assistant Professor in Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology / General Internal Medicine & Geriatrics at Oregon Health and Science University. His interests lie in care management, coordination of care, collaborative care, chronic disease management, quality, and the requirements of clinical information systems to support these areas. From these interests, he has broadened into clinical information needs, Electronic Health Record deployment and Health Information Exchange as a way to expand systems-based approaches to all of health care. Finally, Dr. Dorr performs evaluations of care management and informatics initiatives using a variety of methodologies.
NOTE: New users will need to register and select user name and password.